Local Bank is seeking Bank Teller talent for Customer Service Banking Positions in Wilson and Rocky Mount. The HR Departments would like resumes as soon as possible. Copy & Paste your resume below or Email LocalJobs@TheWilsonPost (Subject Line is AP Job #2742)
The teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution’s various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
- Process savings withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Count and roll loose coins.
- Issue personal money orders and cashier’s checks, accept orders and payment for U.S. Savings Bonds and sell American Express Travelers Checks (single & multiple signer).
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Receive FICA payments: verify deposit coupons are properly completed and checks are made payable to the “Bank”.
- Accept county property tax payments.
- Balance and update savings passbooks and close accounts when requested.
- Follow procedures for removing accounts for dormancy.
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Process cash advances, redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Technical Capacity.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-Time & Part-Time position are both available. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. The employee must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Part Time status would be classified as any hours worked below 37.5. Prepare to work 20-30 hours weekly.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
- Previous cash handling experience.